Sunday, November 6, 2011

Poor Rufus Dragon

Having just faced a financial glitch, Farmer Ted decided to come out of retirement so I wouldn't have to sell my house.  We needed the extra cash, and he stepped up in a big way.  Unfortunately the transitional period between the old chef and him, means Ted is working 12+ hour days and we don't get to see him very often right now.

Misses the tall man.
No sooner had Ted hopped into the shower, the Dragon made himself at home on his coat.  Ted even moved the dog, jacket and all to his bed, and when we woke up this morning Rufus had pulled the coat off of his bed and was sleeping on it on the floor again.

I know Rufus, I miss him too.

Next...There's a new poll people.  Vote.  Does anyone remember who won the Rosemary vs. Chive match?  If the eldest spawn doesn't stop looking over my shoulder, I'm going to give him a smackdown.  I need to find a recipe for Lavender Mustard.

5 comments:

  1. Lavender.... There's not too awfully much that you can do with it; Besides baking with it... It's kinda pointless.

    So I came out of retirement. Thank God I was able to find a job... You'd think that being overqualified would be a good thing... Not the case. It's Hell when the person reading your resume... Is the person who's job it is that you're coming for. Anyways... Yeah... So I went out and found a job. (Did I want to?) Not really but then again... Sitting around the house doing housework shit... Being fucking alone all day was starting to bring me down; This is how Rufus Dragon and I ended up becoming so tight. So I've been at the job for a week (6 Days is my work week) and I've put in 72 hours so far. The way that I figure it... Farmer Chele will be debt free in no time flat. (I generally look out for people that I love and care about... Besides... It's only right.)

    Tomorrow is the Spawnette's Birthday! Great... We have a kid in her 20's... Fuck... I'm old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to Spawnette! Michele I'm sure you miss seeing Ted as much as you did before and clearly the Dragon does, but it will all payoff in the end. Perhaps all of this hard work will result in an early retirement for both of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I vote for early retirement! Sucks about the long work week though. I complain about overtime when I work only a few hours over. ;) Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks:)))
    Poor puppy :/ Even though ... I haven't met him yet


    Chell here ya go on the lavender mustard recipe

    1 cup chopped fresh lavender
    1/4 cup honey
    1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
    1/4 cup Dijon mustard
    1/4 cup grain mustard
    Salt and freshly ground black pepper

    Directions

    Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and season with salt and pepper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet. The Spawnette comes through. This actually sounds like a good basis for a salad dressing, more than a condiment for a soyburger!

    ReplyDelete