Saturday, August 13, 2011

Trip Highlights Part 1

Yesterday on our way to Pittsburgh, we saw:

  • a tank gassing up at a Sunoco
  • a monk gassing up at a different Sunoco
  • a chick with a mustache thicker than Ted's in a bar.

No pics taken b/c Ted was driving and I was carsick.  I never get carsick.  Weird.

Also of interest, the dude we met in the hotel bar last night first tried to talk us into participating in some kind of pyramid scheme, then approached Ted inquiring if we would be interested in a threesome.  We have nicknamed him Freaky McGee.  And Ted politely declined.

Today at the Antiques Roadshow we learned that our Japanese Cloisonne Process Vases and Kit weren't worth much but were "Very Cool."



  We learned that our tusks are indeed ivory and not wood, from an elephant and not a walrus, and would cost us more to replace them than we could sell them for?



We learned not very much about this:




We know it's a walrus mandible, the metal is what they call "white metal," and it is probably Inuit art.  They have no idea why someone would do this to a jawbone.  Again "Very Cool," but apparently not cool enough to put us on TV.

The lady who appraised our Pennsylvania Railroad Sign which is porcelain and again "Very Cool" asked us where we stole it.


Ted shirt was really a highlight for the male Roadshow Volunteers...

"Nice Pineapples"
We didn't meet or even see Mark Wahlburg, despite my best stalking efforts.

Very fun day, but our stuff despite all of its inherent coolness isn't going to make us rich and famous.  For the record, we aren't looking to sell anything but wanted to make sure we didn't need to further insure anything.  All of this stuff belongs to my kids.

Next...Lookout Andy Warhol, here we come.

4 comments:

  1. The Warhol Museum... (In three words?) Cool as shit! The Frank Lloyd Wright house "Falling Waters..." (In three words) We didn't go.

    As for 'ol Freaky McGee that we met in the bar... Lemme tell ya.... This dude was hanging out in a bar with his Mother who OBVIOUSLY ruled the roost around their house. Mom got all drunk up and he had to walk her back up to their room..... Freaky was wantin' some of Farmer Chele in a BAD way so once he ditched Mom he came back down and started talkin' about a threesome... It was pretty funny. If I would have thought about it at the time I would have said..."A threesome huh? Well...She's a little oldish for me but You, Me and your Mother?! Fuck yeah!...I'm down!" Sadly.... My timing was off but that would have been pretty good for a laugh.

    I kinda figured that Pittsburgh was going to be a real shit hole... Boy... Was I ever wrong. Pittsburgh as it turns out, Is one of the prettiest cities that I've ever been to. Who knew? I'll let Farmer Chele elaborate some more about our little getaway. We have some COOL shit to tell ya about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVING THE SHIRT!!! Yeah that guy sounded creepy though! I hope you guys had a lot of fun :) <3 You

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the walrus mandible, and the shirt...bummer about not making the FLW house thought. I hear its amazing in person. Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. We'll be going to Pittsburgh again. My kids will love it there. It really is a pretty city and a great setting for a Batman movie. I'll be sure to make online arrangements to see Fallingwater before we go next time.

    ReplyDelete