Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Rufus vs. the Hornet...

...and Ted vs. the Camera.  This was not supposed to be the subject of this post.  The subject was supposed to be Rufus vs. the Rabbit, Part II; however, Rufus had a different idea.

Farmer Ted spied a rabbit eyeing up the back garden, and since Rufus was nowhere to be found he chased it off into the neighbors yard.  Then, when Rufus showed back up we encouraged him to "go get the rabbit...get him."  Hey, if we say that phrase with "squirrel" he takes off like a shot.  It's Pavlovian I guess, and specific to only one species.  Or maybe, he's just gotten tired of the game (because we like to send him tearing out into the yard even if there isn't a squirrel).  Whatever the case, "rabbit" only earned us a blank stare.  Ted heads out to the backyard to get a picture of the rabbit, so we can blog about Rabbits-2, Twinkletoes-0.

*notice no pic of the rabbit*

Right about then, Rufus heard a buzzing noise.  He rushed over to investigate, and got stung on the nose.  So here's the dog flailing around, swatting his nose.  He's barking at the hornet, gets stung again, flails around some more and then takes off into the yard.

*notice no video of the Dragon*

At least now we know that there's a hornet's nest in the grill.

Next...Irrigation.

3 comments:

  1. Sam says "Rufus- stop being a dumbass, while you where chasing things I was stealing pimento cheese- I KNOW there's some in your house too- go chase that"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rufus... Rufus...Rufus. (Not one of your finer moments, Pal.) I'm way out in the neighbor's yard trying to get a picture of a stupid ass rabbit and I hear all of this Hell raisin' going on up on the deck. What a mess. I didn't get a picture of the rabbit...just a black screen and since I had the camera.... No video of Rufus getting his Ding-a-ling ass lit up by the bees. All in all it was a huge failure on my part. The shitter of the whole thing is that the damn dog went back for some more. Brilliant.

    No window washing yesterday. (A) I didn't have all that I needed to do the job and (B) It was hot as SHIT! It's supposed to raise Hell with rain and hail this afternoon so I suppose that I'll start on the inside. I'm not too crazy about hopping on a ladder to get the windows outside because I'm scared of heights. One of my best friend's father worked for the telephone company for all of his career so climbing a ladder was like riding a bike to this guy. Hurricane Hugo rolls up and tears shit up all over Charleston; The guy goes up on his roof to do some repairs (Three stories up) and was doing his thing and backed straight off of the roof... (R.I.P) That right THERE is one of the many reasons as to why I'm a scaredy cat whenever it comes to heights; and besides... I've broken both of my legs (At the same time) and lemme clue ya in on a secret... Breaking both of your legs at the same time fucking HURTS! The shit gives me the willys just thinking about it. Ugh.

    I'm jacked up that we have tomatoes growing! It won't be long now for some tomato sandwiches. I can't believe that we were down South a few weeks ago and didn't pick up any Duke's Mayonnaise. We also didn't pick up and Blenheim's Ginger Ale. The Female spawn's graduation was the highlight of the trip but getting some Duke's and Blenheim's would have been way up in the highlights of the weekend. Oh.... And visiting Farmer Chele's Mom.... That was way up there too.

    Happy June 1st. I knew a girl named June... She was a real BITCH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pimento cheese and tomato sandwiches. *drool*

    ReplyDelete