Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th!

We know y'all are on the edges of your seats wondering how the Wannabes celebrate Independence Day.  We spent the day cooking and cleaning.  Exciting, we know.  It is actually exciting.  Next weekend, we are headed to Chucktown for a little vacation with family and friends.  It was a so-so day here, so we cleaned.  I just hate coming back from a vacation to a dirty house.  It just emphasizes that the vacation is indeed over.

As for the food part of the day, we got our grill on and made a very special "Up Yours England" celebratory meal.  (Apologies to my BIL Phil, it has to be done once a year.)

We had...

GrowDammit Surf & Turf

With a Brown Sugar Asian Marinade to honor our debt to China.
What makes this GrowDammit?
Please note the skewer of GrowDammit BBQ'd yellow tomatoes.
Also, this feast is plated on a bed of GrowDammit Lettuce.  The final lettuce harvest took place yesterday, and we have 20 gallon bags full of lettuce in the fridge.  I shit you not.  That's got to be what?   Like 10 pounds of lettuce?  We will be using lettuce very creatively over the next week.  The lettuce bolted and started to flower, and since we are going on vacation (VACATION...I can't say that word enough) next week we pulled all of the plants.

Vacation.  Sarah Palin, you can suck it.  You called your bus tour a "family vacation" instead of an "attention whore media circus."  And, because every family names their summer vacation, we are looking for a good name for ours.  Maybe we'll win the lottery and be able to take our next vacation on a bus tour.

So, here we sit on the back deck reflecting on Freedom.  Vacation.  Listening to some asshole set off the very expensive fireworks he bought, before dark.  Yep, we can hear them clear as a cannon.  We just can't see them.

Have a good one blog peeps.  Stay safe.

Next...What to name our vacation?  

4 comments:

  1. Sarah Palin..... Michele Bachmann... What in the Hell has become of my Party?! I'm not one to bring religion or politics into our blog but shit, Man. With those two, I'm reminded of those two lovable characters from Gilligan's Island, You know the two I'm talking about...... Sarah Palin reminds me of Mary Ann and Michelle Bachmann? Well....She'd be Gilligan.

    Can you believe that shit? Dude fires off (At least) a thousand bucks worth of the "Good" fireworks.... In the fuckin' daylight. I'm still trying to find something funny to say about this. (If I can find something... I'll let ya know.)

    Make sure that you click on the pictures of our feast up top.......That way you can get the full on effect of all of it's mouth watering yumminess. You've gotta hand it to us....We can flat out fuckin' cook over here at the Farm!

    So I've been goofing off with the camera some more. I'm snapping pics of all of the wildlife around here. Rabbits....Butterflies...Bees. I'm starting to get pretty good if I must say so myself. What I SHOULD do is take a picture of this clean ass house!

    Lemme tell you what. We put the deep DEEP clean on this place. We keep a clean house anyways but I'm talkin' about.... We cleaned the SHIT outta this house. Finishing the lair and the garage is what's on the agenda for today; I'm gonna get the speaker system thumpin' and have at it. That's "Pretty much" the only thing that's left to clean....Well..... except for the guest bedroom but that's kinda like a moot point because no one ever comes to visit us. Oh well... FINE!

    Recycling Man is going to have a workout today... (I'll just leave it at that.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am drooling over those lovely photos this morning! Yum! I swear, the thought of Michele and Ted's Excellent Bed and Breakfast (and lunch...and dinner) is actually making me want to drive north to visit Mark's family. Almost. Let's just leave it at that. ;)

    'Lettuce' take a moment to come up with uses for Farmer Chele's lettuce. Chopped Salad. Garden Salad. Caesar Salad. A bed of salad to rest your tuna salad on. But never, ever, ever as a part of your 'Mater Sandwich!

    Did you guys say you were going somewhere? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Growdammit is the bestest blog on the internet!

    ReplyDelete