Friday, July 15, 2011

LDHD Day 7

Yesterday, Ted decided he wanted to make some red rice.  Being a retired chef, he sometimes doesn't get the concept of cooking for a family of four.

50 lbs. of red rice
Feel free to stop by and have some, take some home with you.

We had the Nicholson/Knight spawn out to the dock again.  We managed to get some tubing time in, but the weather was kind of crappy.  Hope you had fun, also hope you didn't pick up any foul language.  I kid...I kid.

After hours, we had company. The tallest man I’ve ever seen showed up again! Ha! Just kidding Mannie, you aren’t really the tallest man I’ve ever seen. But you had to know that we weren’t going to let you get away with that one. We’re gonna play a little game to see if anyone can figure out what we are talking about. ;)

Our friend from high school that we randomly ran into yesterday, Jim, brought his lovely wife out to hang with us on the IOP. And by lovely wife, I mean when they left Ted said under his breath as only Ted can do, “Damn Jim, she’s hot.” What fun! We sat around, traded stories, drank some beer, and then Jim busted out the yearbooks. Bwahaahaahaaa. Boy, was that fun.

This was fun, first of all, because of the three books Jim brought with him, Farmer Ted was in 2… both times as a freshman. Ted did not appear in the Senior yearbook because at the end of his “sophomore” 2nd freshman year, Ted got asked to leave Wando.

I enjoyed going through the yearbooks, as mine are all “Gone with Hurricane Hugo.” We had a little catch-up session. Mostly it ended with Ted saying “he/she’s my cousin,” or having him lick his eyebrows remembering a past flame from his days working at the Slip-N-Slide Waterpark.

All in all, a pretty enjoyable evening. One of the better spent I can remember to date. I want to point out that Jim and his lovely bride managed to drive away with out any damned red rice. Thanks a lot Manny, you fair weathered friend.

And really people? How many times can we insert Nipsey Russell into a poll and have the man get trounced? Clearly he was the best panelist. He closed all of the segments with his infamous rhymes. YouTube some Match Game people. And then YouTube some Nipsey Russell Match Game video. You will cry. Brett Somers, I am convinced, showed up drunk and carried her own flask in. She is the shizzle.

3 comments:

  1. haha... We had a blast- Thanks for having us over. I completely forgot about the 50lbs of Red Rice, sorry! We probably won't make it out there again this weekend which sucks- but you guys have to come back soon so we can do it again. Ted is a madman, that is all.
    Talk to you guys soon-
    "Mannie"...ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright... So I went overboard with the red rice; Typical of me. I can't seem to master the art of moderation. It's sorta like being Rick James in the old Charlie Murphy skits.... Funny shit Man...

    So after Jim and his wife left, We got all buck wild with it, which again... Is typical. I'm wanting to take up playing the spoons; Bob Smith is the master of that shit.... I can't get the hang of it. I'm gonna hafta practice while Farmer Chele is at work. Next thing ya know... we'll have a jug band or something. Comes to find out.... Our Nicholson/Knight Foster Spawn can play the xylophone! Now how cool is THAT?! It reminds me of the time back in Middle School when we decided that we were gonna start a punk band and our claim to fame was that we were gonna use a xylophone.... It was gonna be GREAT! First we needed a xylophone so we called around and found one for 15,000 bucks. Seeing as how between the four of us we only had something like... I dunno... 20 bucks... We needed some cash. (Time to talk to Dad.) We had him sold on the idea until we hit a brick wall.... The price. He was like... "A Xylophone?!" He wasn't too jacked up over the idea but He heard our case for a little while longer until our final death blow was this.... "So... Uh.... What are you guys gonna name this band?" (Ready for this?) We were gonna be... "The Motherfuckers."

    That shit went over like a lead balloon. We were all bummed out whenever he told us to forget it; His reasoning was that we'd never get any billboard. Besides... I don't know about YOU guys.... But you just walk around MY house using the word "Motherfucker." So much for THAT idea.

    "Mannie...." Where in the HELL did they come up with THAT name. I could see it if the guy's name was "Danny..." But how do get Mannie out of "Jim?" Charleston County Schools, Man.... That's all I can say.

    Stick around for some cool pictures of the goings on around here. I've been wearing that Nikon OUT! I'm getting better with it... This is for certain. Back in the day... Farmer Chele was a bikini model.... sadly... She won't let me post any bikini pics of her. Shit.... At least I get to see the real thing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark would have been all over that red beans and rice. If we were there, you wouldn't have had such a problem with leftovers...haha!

    Farmer Ted can lick his eyebrows? Damn...that's some talent!

    ReplyDelete